What Is Rub-R-Wall?
The importance of foundation waterproofing cannot be overstated. This essential step in any construction or restoration project ensures that a building’s foundation, floors, and walls will remain protected against water damage and infestation by mold and other health hazards. Whether residential, commercial, industrial, municipal, or agricultural, no building can do without a waterproofed foundation!
While they may be effective in the short term, sealants and epoxy injections are prone to cracking when a foundation’s walls contract and expand. An internal drainage system offers a definitive solution to foundation waterproofing. Exterior waterproofing – coated with impermeable material, and surrounded by a drainage system, is the most effective solution.
What Is Rub-R-Wall?
Rub-R-Wall is an industry-leading exterior waterproofing membrane. The single-component, asphalt-free substance is made of 100% rubber. Because it is applied as a liquid, Rub-R-Wall makes it easy to coat vertical and horizontal below-grade surfaces of any foundation, including irregular surfaces. Rub-R-Wall represents one of the most economical ways to waterproof any foundation made of concrete block, poured concrete, plywood, or insulated concrete forms.
How Does Rub-R-Wall Work?
Rub-R-Wall can only be applied to a smooth, dry, firm, clean surface. Once a certified application technician has filled in a foundation’s cracks with a special mastic, they utilize a specialized airless unit to spray liquid Rub-R-Wall at approximately 3,000 PSI. A substrate treated with Rub-R-Wall membrane must be given at least 24 hours to dry, after which point it is safe to begin backfilling.
Why Is Rub-R-Wall Good for Exterior Foundation Waterproofing?
In addition to its superior adhesive properties, Rub-R-Wall possesses several qualities which make it an ideal solution for foundation waterproofing.
- Easy to apply. So long as the substrate is not covered in ice, Rub-R-Wall reliably bonds when it is applied under temperatures as low as 5° F. While it is necessary to treat larger crevices prior to application, Rub-R-Wall fills in any cracks up to 0.0625″ wide on its own.
- Temperature resistant. Rub-R-Wall retains full functionality over a wide range of temperatures: -40° F to 140° F.
- Resilient. Rub-R-Wall is highly elastic and capable of elongating by over 1,800%.
- Abrasion-resistant. Rub-R-Wall suffers only 0.10% membrane loss when a 0.06″X0.06″ point moving 1″ per second is applied at 700 PSI.
- Bacteria resistant. Microorganisms are unable to attack and decay a Rub-R-Wall surface.
- Chemical resistant. Rub-R-Wall provides excellent resistance against saline, acidic and alkaline solutions in the soil. It additionally offers superior resistance against soil degradation.
- Long-lasting. Rub-R-Wall’s normal life expectancy exceeds one century. It is available with a limited lifetime warranty when it is applied to a below-grade residential foundation.
- Versatile. Rub-R-Wall is suitable for both new construction and restoration of existing buildings.
- Eco-friendly. Asphalt-free Rub-R-Wall is nontoxic, noncarcinogenic, and incapable of contaminating groundwater.
- Cost-effective. Rub-R-Wall’s installation costs are comparable to those of any other high-performance waterproofing system.
As one of the leading foundation waterproofing providers in the contiguous United States, NIJAC is poised to apply Rub-R-Wall to any below-grade surface. If you would like to learn more about this revolutionary treatment or schedule service at your property, then we welcome you to contact us today!